Praise God!
Our Christian brother Eric Voigt was ushered into the arms of his Savior this morning (06 Jan 2014).
Amy and I were blessed to be a part of this journey and music has accompanied us every step of the way.
On Sunday morning I had the privilege of playing for our worship service in Austin. On the way to church I just needed to listen (again) to Rachmaninoff's setting of "Praise the Lord" from his All Night Vigil/Vespers service.
These words (Movement II) + Russian basses ending a low C = musical heaven on earth...(to me)
The long weekend (of praying, singing and learning patience) ended for me around 3 AM Monday after bringing Sherri Voigt's friend Jenny to Eric's hospital room and heading home with my wife to get a little shut-eye.
On the way to my dentist appointment later this morning I thought of (and listened to) these songs from Bart Millard's Hymned and Hymned Again collections.
I was picturing Eric and Sherri in their vigil with this song...
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
As Eric labored to breath and continue life in this vale of tears - this was my song/prayer to him...
Softly and Tenderly
And now that Eric has joined his Savior in glory - this song sums up my feelings and captures a victorious musical mood!
Victory in Jesus
The rest of the story can be found here and it is not over.
Pray for us (who remain in the race)!
====================
I'm listening to...
Rachmaninoff's "Blessed is the man" (Psalm 1 - Movement III) from the Vespers. Just hearing this gives a whole new depth to the word "Hallelujah".
Learn more about the All Night Vigil & Vespers.